Friday, January 15, 2010

More Salgueiro vids

Some more Salgueiro videos.... Sound quality sucks on all of these (due to the generall suckiness of the sound quality of every single amplified event here in Rio. How do they put up with this??! I wonder if the sound guys think the "clip" light is supposed to stay on constantly). And I had to turn the resolution down to get them to upload. But I think you get the idea. (if you're getting this blog via email you might need to go to the actual blog website if you want to see the vids. not sure. The blog is at riostories.blogspot.com)

The second row of passistas struts their stuff:


A male passista shows his best moves to O Globo TV:


A girl passista is next with O Globo:


Check out the teeny passista up front:


I happened to get a long sequence of the girl in the white bra-type top. She has a nice smooth style.


Another vid of a male passista. I love that double spin that the guys do! Sorry for the rough cut in the middle, I clipped out some of the more noninteresting stuff.


The bateria. I couldn't get any closer than this because I couldn't turn the gain down on my camera mic, but I think you can just make out the tamborim desenho.

2 Comments:

At 7:40 PM, Blogger sambagata said...

Kathleen, these are gems! When I was at Salgueiro's street rehearsal, part of the time I was in the bathroom (sketchy chicken I ate before the rehearsal) and then when it started raining and they moved inside, I was way far away from the passistas and my camera at the time was crappy. Needless to say, I didn't get any video. Salgueiro's passistas are some of the best.

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger samba kat said...

yikes, I've had nights like that! Glad you like the clips - I wish they were better - you know how it is surprisingly hard to get even halfway good clips of passistas! Even when you're standing in a good spot, seems like some Harmonia guy always veers over and leans directly in front of your camera just at the worst time. Or, as soon as you get your camera turned on, the passista you've been watching suddenly stops dancing and spends the next ten minutes adjusting her bra strap or something. Then you give up and turn your camera off and suddenly she starts dancing again! Never fails... anyway, yeah, aren't the Salgueiro passistas just stunning? I can never get enough of them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home