Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Monday: Porto da Pedra

2. Porto da Pedra had a wonderful enredo about fashion, an absolutely ideal theme for parade costumes! They progressed through the entire history of fashion, starting with Flintstones-type prehistoric men dressed in animal skins, through togas, the Renaissance, an entire ala of baianas dressed very convincingly as Queen Elizabeth, and so on into modern times - including a float at the end of a fashion show complete with actual professional models wearing actual current fashion pieces on actual catwalks.

The abre-alas made me laugh - Porto da Pedra's giant tiger had a giant baseball cap on backwards, and a pierced tongue! (and, I now notice in the papers, a pierced eyebrow on the other side from me:)



The paper this morning said the bateria had a problem entering into the 2nd recuo and caused a big hole in the parade flow...oops. I couldn't see this from my Setor 6 spot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home