Monday, June 01, 2009

Salvador stories on sambagypsy

Just a note to my riostories readers that I am in Salvador now, and am posting short stories to the sambagypsy blog at sambagypsy.blogspot.com. I had a major lucky strike yesterday stumbling across Olodum & Ile Aiye during the live broadcast of the FIFA announcement of the 2014 World Cup cities. Yes, Salvador will be one of them! (cue enormous street party.) Note to my Bloco X friends: You WILL be coming to Brazil for the 2014 World Cup, won't you?

1 Comments:

At 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I enjoy your blogs ... just stumbled across them the other day. I'm in L.A. and love samba and have been taking some samba no pe classes for the last few months. I've got a volunteer vacation setup for Salvador from late November until the end of the first week of December. I was wondering if you can recommend anything in particular I should see or do in Salvador. Also, any info on clubs to go dance samba in would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Ron

 

Post a Comment

<< Home